Your Summer 2020 Vacation
Friday, July 31, 9:40 a.m.
BEACHES ARE OPEN!
The City has made plans for increased monitoring of crowds for the remaining summer weekends but, per Galveston's Mayor ProTem Dr. Craig Brown, beach closures are not being contemplated unless unique circumstances develop. If anything changes, we will alert any impacted guests - current or incoming - as soon as possible.
If you have questions about your upcoming stay, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 409.797.5500. Review our current cancellation policy online at any time.
Please note - we are still experiencing a very high call volume. If you aren't able to reach us immediately, please be sure to leave the details of your questions with our answering service. We will respond as quickly as we can, and these details help us get you the information you need. Thank you for your patience!
Effective Tuesday, June 23 through September 30: Customers are required to wear masks in all Galveston businesses that serve the public and also in all public places where it is difficult to keep six feet away from other people. For the full text of the emergency order click here.
We are updating this page frequently, but state and local guidelines continue to change. We encourage you to call ahead if you have any questions about our summer 2020 rental policies, current beach regulations, local attractions, etc.
Planning Your Vacation
We have limited availability remaining for August! Are your dates flexible? Consider taking your vacation during the week! You'll find more options and fewer crowds when you travel Monday through Friday - especially for shorter summer stays of 3+ nights or more!
Remember, you can book directly on our website for the best rate, 24/7!
Just getting started with your search? Head to our Rentals Search page to filter your search by date availability, location, size, and/or desired amenities. View interior & exterior photos, floor plans, full amenity lists, and more! Calculate the total rental rate right on the home's page. Once you've found "the one" you can book securely right away to lock in your home and dates!
Know which beach or bay vacation rental you want? Go directly to our alphabetical list, enter your dates on the house page, and then book - it takes less than 3 minutes!
New Contact-Free Check-in/Out Procedures
Guests no longer check in at our Pirates Beach office. In an effort to further ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we have moved to a contact-free, express check-in process.
We deeply miss personally welcoming each of you to Galveston. Don’t worry - we are still only a phone call away! Email us at email@example.com or call us at 409.797.5500 if there is anything we can do to help during your stay.
Check-in is after 5 p.m.
At this time, no early check-ins are possible. We know you are excited about your beach trip! You'll receive your arrival text as soon as your home is ready.
Approximately 24 hours before arrival:
- Receive your DocuSign email with express check-in paperwork via email.
- Sign & submit your documents electronically.
Day of check-in:
- Receive a text with the beach house address, Wifi info (if offered at your home) & your code for the key lockbox. This will be sent as soon as your home is ready.
- Use the texted code to retrieve your keys from the home's lockbox.
Your welcome supplies (dish sponge, 1x trash bag, etc.) will already be in your beach house upon your arrival. New this year: a complimentary 8 oz bottle of SNS hand sanitizer!
NOTE: Some supplies may still be difficult to find or subject to purchase limits. We strongly recommend bringing those items (hand sanitizer, masks, etc.) with you to ensure you have what you need during your visit. Check out our starter list of Things to Bring here.
Check-out is 10:00 a.m.
At this time, we are not able to extend late check-outs to any of our guests. We have to make sure our housekeeping & property services teams have time to prepare the home for the next guest.
- Make sure you have all of your belongings (our ability to return lost or forgotten items is severely limited at this time).
- Remove all food items.
- Bag all trash and place in trash cans outside.
- Lock all doors.
- Return keys to the lockbox at the home by 10 a.m.
- Call us at 409.797.5500 and leave a message with your name and the name of your vacation home, letting us know you've departed.
Housekeeping & Property Protocols
Our Property Services managers have been hard at work educating themselves and keeping our professional housekeepers updated on best practices.
What does that mean for your vacation home?
- Hospital grade disinfectants continue to be used before every new arrival. These EPA approved cleaning supplies are rated to kill a variety of germs & viruses, including COVID-19. We use ROOM SENSE 200 on all hard surfaces and Champions Aerosol Disinfectant on all soft surfaces.
- Housekeepers use masks and gloves while cleaning. They follow all CDC guidelines, paying special attention to high-touch areas like doorknobs, light switches, appliance controls, deck railings, cabinet handles, etc.
- Our commercial laundry sanitizes all towels and sheets while washing them at 160 degrees (your home washer typically reaches 100 degrees).
As we learn more, our protocols will continue to evolve. We are staying abreast of the research and utilizing our resources as members of the Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals to make sure our housekeeping protocols are up-to-date with current recommendations.
As part of our COVID safety protocols, Maintenance Techs will enter the house only for emergencies during a guest's stay. Instead, our teams are conducting the bulk of their work between reservations. We will be troubleshooting over the phone as much as possible (Wifi, TV issues, et.), and encourage guests to call (409.797.5500) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us with any issues that arise at the home during their stay.
About Sand `N Sea
Can I see the property before I book my vacation?
You are always welcome to drive by the home and get a feel for the neighborhood before you choose your vacation home. At this time, we are not able to offer any interior tours. Remember, you can view interior photos & floor plans on our website, 24/7. Have a specific question? Reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help!
What's happening with security deposits?
In order to facilitate our contact-free check-in process, we have currently waived the cash-only requirement for most security deposits. Please note that when you sign your check-in paperwork you are accepting our new policy, as outlined on that contract: "I understand that my credit card will be charged if I, or someone in my party/one of my guests, causes damage at the property."
Can I get an early arrival/late departure?
We are not able to accommodate requests for early arrivals or late departures. Due to the high volume of guests we are experiencing, standard check-in has been set to 5:00 p.m. Please know that we are working as quickly as our enhanced processes allow to get you in your vacation home! As soon as it's ready you will receive your text message with the lockbox code. Check-out remains 10:00 a.m.
Can I have housekeeping during my stay?
At this time, we are not able to offer mid-stay cleans. We are working hard to adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines and are focused on utilizing best practices for the benefit of both our guests and our staff members. Our efforts to mitigate risk prevent us from adding additional chances of exposure to illness. We appreciate your understanding.
Are Galveston beaches open?
Updated July 31 - ALL Beaches are open.
The state and the City of Galveston encourage the public to follow the minimum standard health protocols outlined by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, including social distancing of at least 6' apart and avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people.
Need beach chairs, umbrellas, or other concierge services? Sea la Vie concierge is ready to help make sure you're able to relax on your beach trip.
Are neighborhood pools open?
Updated July 31 - Every neighborhood and resort development has made their own choice about how they are operating with the current governmental restrictions and CDC guidelines. Here is the latest information we have to share with our guests who have homes rented in those areas:
- Pointe West - The main pool is open on a first come, first served basis until they reach 50% capacity (since May 27). Hours are 9 a.m. - 11 a.m., 12 p.m. - 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. - 6 p.m., and 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Guests in Pointe West will need to email their facility club house directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for amenity wristbands prior to their stay. You can find all of the details about how they are managing their amenities in light of the current state orders on the Pointe West Beach Club Facebook page.
- Diamond Beach - Open. All amenity hours and operations are the same as usual. Their management is asking everyon to practice the social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC, including limiting groups to 10 people or less. Only 2 people are allowed in the elevator at a time unless it's a single family unit.
- Jamaica Beach Pool - Open in a limited capacity. As of June 8 they are open Tuesday - Sunday, 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. (weather permitting) at a maximum capacity of 50%, which equates to 38 patrons at any one time. Click here for the full facility update.
- Sea Isle Pool - Closed all summer. As of June 15 they announced the pool will not be open to rental guests this summer due to COVID-19 occupancy restrictions.
Which Galveston restaurants are open?
Many of your (and our!) local favorites are still offering their delicious eats - just in a different way! Click here to filter by food, feature or location. Place a curbside pick-up or delivery order and enjoy dining on the deck of your beach house!
Before driving into town, call ahead or check your favorite restaurant's social media account for their latest offerings. Many restaurants are offering dine-in service (as of Monday, June 29 this is limited to 50% capacity, per the Governor's executive order), but some are still only offering to-go services.
Are attractions open (Moody Gardens, Pleasure Pier, etc.)?
Updated July 17 - Most attractions and activities have reopened, with adjustments to capacity limits.
- Moody Gardens - Parts of Moody Gardens re-opened on Friday, May 22. The Aquarium Pyramid, Rainforest Pyramid, Dinos Alive exhibit and theaters are open at a limited capacity. (The ropes course & zip line remain closed.) Note: They are now cashless, accepting credit cards or digital payments only, property-wide.
- Palm Beach is open Fridays - Sundays through September 6. First come, first served, up to 50% capacity.
- Palm Beach is open Fridays - Sundays through September 6. First come, first served, up to 50% capacity.
- Schlitterbahn Galveston - Open Thursdays - Sundays by reservation only. Purchase passes and book your time online.
- Historic Pleasure Pier - rides and amusements opened June 5.
- Baywatch Dolphin Tours at Pier 21 - opened May 15.
- Artist Boat guided kayaking tours of limited sizes - started May 16.
- Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig & Museum - opened June 5 in a limited capacity (50%). They are open every Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We encourage you to call ahead or check the websites of your favorite attractions for their current hours or new capacity limits.
What else is there to do?
- Self-guided tours are perfect for stretching your legs & getting some fresh air while maintaining some distance!
- Fun Family Activities
- Bird by car with our interactive map! With help from Birding for Fun’s Kristine Rivers, we’ve marked birding hotspots throughout the island - including the species you can expect to see there! Grab your binoculars and get ready to spy local & migratory species from the comfort of your air conditioned vehicle! Don't miss the Oppenheimer Birding Observatory, open dawn to dusk daily.
- Fish from the deck of your canal or bayside vacation rental! Local piers & jetties may have limited hours & occupancy, but you can cast a line from the deck or yard of your vacation home at any time of day.
What can I do to experience Galveston Island if I'm not ready to travel yet?
There are a lot of great local resources to help tide you over until you can hit the beach!
- Live Island webcams - For when you can’t be on the beach!
- Rosenberg Library Museum Treasure of the Month - Learn about a different historical artifact from the Rosenberg collection each month.
- The Bryan Museum virtual tours - Experience the epic story of Texas and the American West from the comfort of your living room! Choose from five different exhibit spaces.
- Galveston Island Coloring Book - Featuring facts about the sites, history & nature that call our island home.
- The Lost Bird Project - Learn about the five sculptures recently installed on the grounds of The Bryan Museum, and the story behind the Eskimo Curlew statue now calling Galveston Island State Park home.
- Galveston Historical Foundation’s Lecture Series - Connect with guest lecturers covering a variety of topics relating to Galveston’s unique history.
- Homeschool resources - We’ve gathered brochures about local beaches & ecology, wildlife identification guides & more all in one place!
Cancellations & Refunds
Our standard cancellation policy is effective for all reservations starting on or after June 1, 2020.
- If you choose to cancel more than 30 days before your scheduled arrival date, a refund will be issued, minus the Cancellation Fee, the non-refundable Reservation Fee plus tax ($57.50), and the Travel Insurance premium, if taken.
- If you choose to cancel within 30 days of your scheduled arrival, a refund will only be issued if we are able to re-rent the property for the same time period. If you purchased travel insurance you can contact RedSky directly at 866.889.7409.
If further Emergency Orders from the City of Galveston or the State of Texas prevent check-ins at any time we will issue new guidance. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions about your specific reservation. As of 8:00 a.m. on July 6 there are no active state or county closure orders that impact short term rentals or Galveston beaches.
If you purchased travel insurance, you can access the full description of coverage here. (Find your state’s specific policy starting at page 15.)
Review RedSky's Travel Insurance & COVID-19 FAQ statement for specific coverage questions involving pandemics.
For questions concerning coverage, or to file a claim, contact Arch Insurance Services directly at:
- Phone: 866.889.7409, option 2 to speak to a Claims Team member
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: suntrippreserver.com
- Your, a Family Member’s, a Traveling Companion’s, a Service Animal’s, or a Business Partner’s or a Traveling Companion’s Family Member’s covered Sickness or Injury, that: a) occurs before departure on Your Trip; b) requires Medical Treatment at the time of cancellation; and c) as certified by a Physician, results in medical restrictions so disabling as to cause Your Trip to be cancelled; (page 3, Trip Cancellation, item #2)
- You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury (notice of jury duty must be received after Your Effective Date), served with a court order to appear as a witness in a legal action in which You or Your Traveling Companion is not a party (except law enforcement officers); (page 4, Other Covered Events, item “a”)
Voluntary or “self” quarantine is not a covered event. A documented government or medical ordered quarantine is a covered event.
For clarification on your situation, contact the travel insurance provider directly at 866.889.7409 or email@example.com.