Your Summer 2020 Vacation
June 1, 2:00 p.m. We continue to experience a very high volume of phone calls and emails from guests like you looking to book a beach trip. Our reservations team is working hard to respond quickly to all inquiries, but please know that there may be a delay.
Remember, you can book directly on our website for the best rate, 24/7!
The high number of inquiries means that homes are booking quickly. Everyone is ready to stretch their legs along our 32 miles of open Gulf beaches! Don't let someone else book your perfect beach house!
Just getting started with your search? Head to our Rentals Search page to filter your search by date availability, location, size, and/or desired amenities. View interior & exterior photos, floor plans, full amenity lists, and more! Calculate the total rental rate right on the home's page. Once you've found "the one" you can book securely right away to lock in your home and dates!
Know which beach or bay vacation rental you want? Go directly to our alphabetical list, enter your dates on the house page, and then book - it takes less than 3 minutes!
For general Island information, including the latest press releases from the City of Galveston, click here.
We are updating this page frequently, but state and local guidelines are still changing (sometimes daily!). We encourage you to call ahead if you have any questions about our summer 2020 rental policies, current beach regulations, local attractions, etc.
New Contact-Free Check-in/Out Procedures
Guests no longer check in at our Pirates Beach office. In an effort to further ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we have moved to a contact-free, express check-in process.
We deeply miss personally welcoming each of you to Galveston. Don’t worry - we are still only a phone call away! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 409.797.5500 if there is anything we can do to help during your stay.
Check-in is after 5 p.m.
At this time, no early check-ins are possible. We know you are excited about your beach trip! Our housekeeping teams need time to complete their three-step protocol - clean, sanitize & disinfect - before your arrival.
Prior to arrival:
- Receive your DocuSign email with express check-in paperwork via email.
- Sign & submit your documents electronically.
Day of check-in:
- Receive a text with the beach house address, Wifi info (if offered at your home) & your code for the key lockbox.
- Use the texted code to retrieve your keys from the home's lockbox.
Your welcome supplies (dish sponge, 1x trash bag, etc.) will already be in your beach house upon your arrival.
NOTE: Some supplies can be difficult to find on the Island (TP, hand sanitizer, paper towels, etc.). We strongly recommend bringing those items with you to ensure you have what you need during your visit. Check out our starter list of Things to Bring here.
Check-out is 10:00 a.m.
At this time, we are not able to extend late check-outs to any of our guests. We have to make sure our housekeeping teams have plenty of time to sanitize & disinfect each vacation home between guests.
- Make sure you have all of your belongings (our ability to return lost or forgotten items is severely limited at this time).
- Remove all food items.
- Bag all trash and place in trash cans outside.
- Lock all doors.
- Return keys to the lockbox at the home by 10 a.m.
- Call us at 409.797.5500 and leave a message with your name and the name of your vacation home, letting us know you've departed.
Housekeeping & Property Protocols
Our Property Services managers have been hard at work educating themselves and training our professional housekeepers on updated protocols.
What does that mean for your vacation home?
- Hospital grade disinfectants continue to be used before every new arrival. These EPA approved cleaning supplies are rated to kill a variety of germs & viruses, including COVID-19. We use ROOM SENSE 200 on all hard surfaces and Champions Aerosol Disinfectant on all soft surfaces.
- Housekeepers use masks and gloves while cleaning. They follow all CDC guidelines, paying special attention to high-touch areas like doorknobs, light switches, cabinet handles, etc.
- Our commercial laundry sanitizes all towels and sheets while washing them at 160 degrees (your home washer typically reaches 100 degrees).
As we learn more, our best practices will continue to evolve. We are staying abreast of the research and utilizing our resources as members of the Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals to make sure our housekeeping protocols are up-to-date with current recommendations.
About Sand `N Sea
Can I see the property before I book my vacation?
You are always welcome to drive by the home and get a feel for the neighborhood before you choose your vacation home. At this time, we are not able to offer any interior tours. Remember, you can view interior photos & floor plans on our website, 24/7. Have a specific question? Reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help!
What's happening with security deposits?
In order to facilitate our contact-free check-in process, we have currently waived the cash-only requirement for security deposits. Please note that when you sign your check-in paperwork you are accepting our new policy, as outlined on that contract: "I understand that my credit card will be charged if I, or someone in my party/one of my guests, causes damage at the property."
Can I get an early arrival/late departure?
We are not able to accommodate requests for early arrivals or late departures at this time. Standard check-in has been set to 5:00 p.m. to ensure our professional housekeeping teams have the time necessary to accommodate our full cleaning, disinfecting & sanitizing protocols before every new arrival. Please know that we are working as quickly as our enhanced processes allow to get you in your vacation home! As soon as it's ready you will receive your text message with the lockbox code.
Are Galveston beaches open?
All Galveston public beaches opened back up on May 1.
The state and the City of Galveston encourage the public to follow the minimum standard health protocols outlined by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, including social distancing of at least 6' apart and avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people.
Need beach chairs, umbrellas, or other concierge services like grocery delivery? Sea la Vie concierge is ready to help make sure you're able to relax on your beach trip.
Are neighborhood pools open?
Updated June 1 - Every neighborhood and resort development has made their own choice about how they are operating with the current governmental restrictions and CDC guidelines. Here is the latest information we have to share with our guests who have homes rented in those areas:
- Pointe West - The main pool is open, and they are currently utilizing a reservation system for time slots at the pool. There will be some limited "open swim" times starting May 22 (no reservation required). You can find all of the details about how they are managing their amenities in light of the current state orders on the Pointe West Beach Club Facebook page.
- Diamond Beach - All amenity hours and operations are the same as usual. Their management is asking everyon to practice the social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC, including limiting groups to 10 people or less. Only 2 people are allowed in the elevator at a time unless it's a single family unit.
- Jamaica Beach - Pool is not open. As of May 20 they are unsure of when they will resume operation of the public pool due as they are still waiting on governmental approval.
- Sea Isle - Pool is not open. As of May 27 they are unsure about when they will be able to re-open, but anticipate it will be mid to late June.
Which Galveston restaurants are open?
Many of your (and our!) local favorites are still offering their delicious eats - just in a different way! Check out the current list of open Galveston restaurants and place your curbside pick-up or delivery order soon.
Before driving into town, call ahead or check your favorite restaurant's social media account for their latest offerings. Some restaurants have begun to offer dine-in service (at the 50% capacity limit set by the Governor's plan), but many are still only offering to-go services.
Are attractions open (Moody Gardens, Pleasure Pier, etc.)?
Updated May 29 - Current restrictions keep some major attractions like Schlitterbahn Galveston and a few local musems closed. Parts of Moody Gardens re-opened on Friday, May 22. The Aquarium Pyramid, Rainforest Pyramid, Dinos Alive exhibit and theaters will be open at 25% capacity. (Palm Beach, the Discovery Museum and the ropes course & zip line remain closed.)
Other attractions, including the Historic Pleasure Pier and the Baywatch Dolphin Tours at Pier 21, are open as of May 15. Artist Boat is also offering guided kayaking tours of limited sizes as of May 16.
We encourage you to call ahead or check the websites of your favorite attractions for their current hours.
What else is there to do?
- Bird by car with our interactive map! With help from Birding for Fun’s Kristine Rivers, we’ve marked birding hotspots throughout the island - including the species you can expect to see there! Grab your binoculars and get ready to spy local & migratory species from the comfort of your air conditioned vehicle!
- Fish from the deck of your canal or bayside vacation rental! Local piers & jetties may still be closed or have limited hours, but you can cast a line from the deck or yard of your vacation home at any time of day.
- Self-guided tours are perfect for stretching your legs & getting some fresh air while maintaining some distance!
What can I do to experience Galveston Island if I'm not ready to travel yet?
There are a lot of great local resources to help tide you over until you can hit the beach!
- Live Island webcams - For when you can’t be on the beach!
- Rosenberg Library Museum Treasure of the Month - Learn about a different historical artifact from the Rosenberg collection each month.
- The Bryan Museum virtual tours - Experience the epic story of Texas and the American West from the comfort of your living room! Choose from five different exhibit spaces.
- Galveston Island Coloring Book - Featuring facts about the sites, history & nature that call our island home.
- The Lost Bird Project - Learn about the five sculptures recently installed on the grounds of The Bryan Museum, and the story behind the Eskimo Curlew statue now calling Galveston Island State Park home.
- Galveston Historical Foundation’s Lecture Series - Connect with guest lecturers covering a variety of topics relating to Galveston’s unique history.
- Homeschool resources - We’ve gathered brochures about local beaches & ecology, wildlife identification guides & more all in one place!
Cancellations & Refunds
Our standard cancellation policy is effective for all reservations starting on or after June 1, 2020.
- If you choose to cancel more than 30 days before your scheduled arrival date, a refund will be issued, minus the Cancellation Fee, the non-refundable Reservation Fee plus tax ($57.50), and the Travel Insurance premium, if taken.
- If you choose to cancel within 30 days of your scheduled arrival, a refund will only be issued if we are able to re-rent the property for the same time period. If you purchased travel insurance you can contact RedSky directly at 866.889.7409.
If further Emergency Orders from the City of Galveston or the State of Texas prevent check-ins at any time beyond May 1 we will issue new guidance. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your specific reservation.
If you purchased travel insurance, you can access the full description of coverage here. (Find your state’s specific policy starting at page 15.)
Review RedSky's Travel Insurance & COVID-19 FAQ statement here for specific coverage questions involving pandemics.
For questions concerning coverage, or to file a claim, contact Arch Insurance Services directly at:
- Phone: 866.889.7409, option 2 to speak to a Claims Team member
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: suntrippreserver.com
- Your, a Family Member’s, a Traveling Companion’s, a Service Animal’s, or a Business Partner’s or a Traveling Companion’s Family Member’s covered Sickness or Injury, that: a) occurs before departure on Your Trip; b) requires Medical Treatment at the time of cancellation; and c) as certified by a Physician, results in medical restrictions so disabling as to cause Your Trip to be cancelled; (page 3, Trip Cancellation, item #2)
- You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury (notice of jury duty must be received after Your Effective Date), served with a court order to appear as a witness in a legal action in which You or Your Traveling Companion is not a party (except law enforcement officers); (page 4, Other Covered Events, item “a”)
Voluntary or “self” quarantine is not a covered event. A documented government or medical ordered quarantine is a covered event.
For clarification on your situation, contact the travel insurance provider directly at 866.889.7409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.